IRS TAX DEADLINE FOR 2017 IS TUESDAY, APRIL 18!
Shaler Library has received tax forms!
We have received Federal Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ and instruction booklets and PA40 forms, instructions and some Schedules. If you need other forms, schedules, etc. you can order them from the IRS or make copies at the Library. Here are the options:
Call the IRS to order tax products to be delivered by mail at 1-800-829-3676
Order tax products via the IRS website to be delivered by mail at IRS.gov/orderforms
To view and download forms go to www.irs.gov/forms
Copy forms via the library photocopier
The library is happy to assist you in printing/copying/ordering forms or publications, however, we are not tax professionals and therefore you need to know what forms/publications you need and what you need to print. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to do this for free. SNHL charges 20 cents a page to print or copy.
SENIOR CITIZEN AND LOW INCOME TAX PREPARATION
February 6- April 15, 2017
Undercliff Volunteer Fire Department– 700 Mt. Royal Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15223
Mondays and Wednesdays ONLY, 9:00 am to 12:00pm (noon)
First come, first served. You MUST sign in. The average number of people able to be helped is 20 to 25 per day.
Please note: Service is based upon the number of volunteers who can provide tax assistance that day. The doors will open at 9:00am and you MUST sign in. Volunteers will take the taxpayers in the order in which they signed in. Information will be posted on the door as well as how many returns volunteers will do that day.—Tom Beecher, area coordinator, AARP volunteer tax assistance.
Please bring the following information with you for tax preparation:
- 2014 Tax Return
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment statement 1099-G
- Social Security Statement SSA-1099
- Railroad Retirement Statement RRB-1099
- All other 1099 forms
- Dependent care provider documentation, (name, address, EIN or SSN, amount paid)
- Documentation supporting all deductions if itemizing
- SSN cards or other documentation identifying themselves and dependents.
- 1095-A if health insurance was purchased on their own.
- 1098-T if qualifying for education deductions.
- Copies of property taxes or rent paid (if qualified for PA-1000)
- Copy of blank check (routing and account number) for direct deposit
Tax preparers will be unable to assist with complex returns.
OTHER AARP VOLUNTEER TAX ASSISTANCE SITES
This form will give you the information above as well as a list of other sites which do tax preparation. Please be sure to call the sites for additional information as restrictions may apply.