Great Friends Make Great Libraries
Join the Friends of the Shaler North Hills Library today! SNHL always needs new friends! This group of dedicated people actively works to make SNHL a better place. They annually donate over $20,000 through fundraisers, membership dues and raffles. ALL funds go towards library programming and the purchase of special items the library could not otherwise afford. As a special thank for being a Friend, you will receive a special invitation to preview the book sales. Please take a moment to print out and complete the form below and return it to the library. Read the 2016 President’s Letter from Janet Miller, President of the Friends of SNHL.
.What do the Friends do?
- Collect, sort and store books donated for the Semi-Annual Book Sales
- Set-up and conduct the Book Sale (October and May)
- Encourage financial support of the library by recruiting new Friends and collecting annual dues from current Friends
- Conduct fundraising activities throughout the year to raise money for the library
- Support the library staff during special events
- Assist library staff with daily activities through volunteer work
- Advocate for the library
Why become a Friend?
- Enjoy special invitations to book sale preview nights—food, music and good company among the books!
- Find opportunities to volunteer your talents in support of the library and community.
- Meet other readers, library lovers and community-minded people.
Interested in becoming a Friend of the Library?
Print out the Friends Membership Form fill it out and return it to the library with a check payable to the Friends of the Shaler North Hills Library.
Give the gift of friendship to a special child in your life! Consider donating a membership to the Jr. Friends of the Library! Children will receive a special membership card, a free book on their birthday and enjoy their very own book sale preview mornings!
Fill out and print the Jr Friend Application, fill it out and return it to the library with a check payable to the Friends of the Shaler North Hills Library.